Document type: what is the difference between RT1/TT1 and RT2/TT2?

The service Notification Export Documentation also allows you to pre-notify T1 and T2 documents. For both documents, a distinction is made between customs transits that terminate in the Netherlands and customs transits that travel on elsewhere. When pre-notifying your export shipment, make sure you use the correct document code. This way, you can rest assured that your T-document is deregistered at the correct customs office. If you use the wrong document code, you run the risk that Customs will deregister your T-document too early, meaning you will need to prepare a new document. Or conversely: that your T-document is not deregistered by Customs, so that your document is not cleared.

T1 and T2 terminating at a terminal in the Netherlands
For T documents for which the office of destination is Rotterdam (box 53), the codes RT1 and RT2 are used. These documents are deregistered with Customs upon arrival at the terminal in the Netherlands.

T1 and T2 onward transit transport EU
Cargo can also be transported onward to another EU country. This requires onward T documents for which codes TT1 and TT2 are used. For these documents, the customs office of destination is an office in another EU country, in an EFTA country or in the United Kingdom (box 53). Transit T documents are consequently not deregistered by Customs upon arrival at the terminal in Rotterdam. This does not take place until the country of destination.

Combined cargo T1 and T2
Are you transporting cargo that resides under both T1 and T2 within one shipment? Then these must be registered as T1 goods (code RT1 or TT1).

Was this post helpful?