Do I have to notify transit documents from the UK via the service Notification Import Documentation (NID)?

Scenario: You have drawn up a transit document from the United Kingdom (or from Ireland) that continues to accompany the goods until their final destination in the European Union (so-called transit document; T1/T2). How it works:

  1. No, you do not need to notify the MID service of any through transit documents.
  2. But you do need to indicate in your booking with your shipping company / ferry operator that you wish to ship goods with a through transit document. You do this by giving the MRN number of your transit declaration in your booking.
  3. Upon arrival in the Netherlands, the shipping company will submit your transit document to Customs and will submit a pre-notification to the terminal on your behalf.

Please note! A transit document from the UK can be recognised by the first 5 characters: “21GB00” A number starting with “21GB01X” is not a transit document, but an export document from the UK.

Was this post helpful?

We use cookies

This website uses cookies to track and analyse user behaviour, to improve the user experience and to ensure that relevant information and advertisements can be displayed. Click on 'customize preferences' to view and set your permissions for this website.

Read our Privacy Statement here | Close