Bonded transport destined for the European hinterland (not ending in the port) should be declared with the status ‘EU Customs procedure T1’ on the import manifest in Cargo Declaration Import . In addition the transit (T1) document reference must be stated under ‘produced documents’, as part of the ‘B/L goods item details’.
Reporting B/L details via the internet
- In the ‘B/L details’ screen, you will find the information block ‘B/L goods items’ at the bottom of the screen. For every required goods regulation, click here on the arrow on the right to go to the goods item details.
- In the ‘goods item details’ screen, you will find the information block ‘produced documents’ at the bottom of the screen. Select ‘add document’ here and enter the following details:
- Type: 821; code for transit documents (T1);
- ID: the MRN number of the transit (T1) document;
- Description: please do not complete this field.
- Then select ‘save’ to save the document details.
Reporting B/L details via a system interface
If you send the B/L details via a system interface, you (or your software supplier) must observe the following instructions:
In the IFTMCS message, the transit document can be stated under the segment RFF+ACE ‘related document number’. The new code ‘821’ has been added to this segment. The message specifications for the IFTMCS message can be requested via our website.