Introduction to the Hinterland Container Notification – Barge Quick Start Guide
In this Quick Start Guide, we will explain to you in a few short steps how to use the service Hinterland Container Notification – Barge.
For whom is this service intended?
This service allows you to prenotify barge visits and containers to sea terminals and depots via a single portal. Here, you will have around-the-clock, real-time insight into your rotations and terminal visits.
The service Hinterland Container Notification – Barge is intended for the following target groups:
– Barge operators
You can open Hinterland Container Notification as follows:
Are you not yet able to access to this service? The colleague that has been designated as Portbase key user for your organisation can grant you the necessary authorisation.
• Click on the ‘Add new rotation ‘ button.
• Complete the required fields such as barge name, date, time, entry and exit point in the port and then click ‘Save rotation’.
• The ‘Rotations’ dashboard will display the rotation you have just created.
• Continue adding visits (terminal visits) as needed.
• Click on the ‘Add visit’ button.
• Complete the required fields and add comments for the terminal if desired.
• Enter the expected scope of your visit (call size) by filling in the number of containers to be loaded and discharged. At the same time, indicate how many containers are oversized (out of gauge), twinnable, or will need to be moved (shifters).
• Save the visit (click on ‘Save visit’) or send it directly to the terminal (click on ‘Save and send visit’). You can also cancel your visit to the terminal if necessary (click on ‘Cancel visit’).
• The ‘Rotations’ dashboard will display the rotation and terminal visits that have been created. Click on ‘Add visit’ to add other terminal visits.
Five different icons are used to indicate the status of a visit:
If a visit has been rejected, you can always adjust the details and resubmit it to the terminal.
Every change that a terminal makes to a visit will immediately be displayed in the overview screen, indicated by a blue dot.
Open the terminal visit and view the changes in the fields marked with this dot.
To accept the change or mark it as having been read, click on ‘Acknowledge update’. The blue dot will disappear.
There are multiple ways to enter your containers via the HCN web screens:
Via the ‘Handlings’ dashboard.
1. Click on the ‘Handlings’ tab.
2. Click on ‘Add handling’.
Do you not yet know the Call ID? In that case, you can only submit a status request here.
• Under ‘Link to existing visit’, select ‘No’
• Complete the fields and click on ‘Submit status request’.
• The containers will be displayed on the ‘Handlings’ dashboard.
• You will be able to attach individual containers to a Call ID at a later time; to do so, look under the heading ‘Attaching, detaching and switching handlings (of containers) to a Call ID’.
Do you have a Call ID? In that case, you can submit both status requests and prenotifications.
• Under ‘Link to existing visit’, select ‘Yes’
• Enter the Call ID.
• Submit a status request by going to ‘Pre-notification’ and selecting ‘No’.
• Alternately, you can immediately submit a prenotification by going to ‘Pre-notification’ and selecting ‘Yes’.
• Complete the fields and click on ‘Submit status request’ or ‘Submit pre-notification’.
Via the ‘Rotations’ dashboard.
• Click on the ‘Rotations’ tab.
• Select the rotation.
• Select the visit.
• Select the ‘Handlings’ tab. Here, you can submit both status requests and prenotifications.
• Click on ‘Add handling’.
o Submit a status request by going to ‘Pre-notification ’ and selecting ‘No’.
o Alternately, you can immediately submit a prenotification by going to ‘Pre-notification’ and selecting ‘Yes’.
o Complete the fields and click on ‘Submit status request’ or ‘Submit pre-notification’.
You can use the ‘Handlings’ and ‘Rotations’ dashboard to attach or detach the container or to switch it to another Call ID.
Attaching and switching:
• Select the container
• Click on ‘Attach container’
• Enter the desired Call ID
• Click on ‘Attach’
• The container will be displayed under the call on the ‘Rotations’ and ‘Handlings’ dashboard
• Select the container
• Click on ‘Detach container’ to detach from the Call ID
• The container will be displayed in the ‘Handlings’ overview
A few hours before the planned visit to the terminal, the terminal operates a ‘Cargo cut-off’. This means:
You can recognise a final load-discharge list by the padlock icon or different versions of the Load discharge list icon with the 9 squares.
This procedure gives the terminal enough preparation time before the barge arrives for loading or discharging. The number of hours varies per terminal. The times are shown here.
Do you still need to make a change? In some cases this is possible.
Click on the History tab under rotation to see all updates from terminals, yourself and others during this rotation.
That way you can always see what has changed in the interim.
Hover your mouse over an update and click on the pop-up icon to view your rotation at that moment in time.
Click on ‘Report issue’ to immediately notify our Service Desk about the problem you have encountered in working with HCN Barge.